Thursday, January 14, 2016

Lab 2 - Code Building

GNUChess
https://www.gnu.org/software/chess/
As recommended, I went to the GNU website to find some projects to install on my fedora installation.There was a whole list of projects and I decided to go with a game. One game I chose was gnuchess.
Since this was my first time installing an open source project on a Linux device, I had to find some instructions on how to install the game. Luckily the package had a install guide in it which told me to run the commands ./configure, make, make install. The command ./configure did work but I got error's when I tried to execute the make commands. Then I just tried to run the gnuchess file and it asked if I wanted to install the packages, which I said yes to. When I ran the gnuchess file again, the game started in the terminal.


I could not yet install a non-GNU project. The projects I found were too big, and I could not install all the needed components. I will try again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment